AFX is a student-run organization standing for Aspirations, Family, and eXperience. It is a hip-hop dance group that accepts students of all levels of dance—from absolute beginnings (like me who has no prior dance experience) to experts (like those who have competed in dance competitions when they were young). There are many different teams, and based on your dance audition, you are placed in the appropriate level dance group.
I decided to join because some of my friends were the coordinators (team leaders) for a dance group, and they encouraged me to join. While I did not find dance interesting when I initially joined, I later found it a great way to socialize with new friends and learn something new. I gained knowledge on how complicated and intricate dance can be, and acquired greater appreciation for this unique art form. The community is very family-oriented, making everyone feel very welcomed and loved. I recommend anyone who has an interest in learning something new and likes meeting people to join!